This recipe came about from my mothers group when we were all experimenting with solids. It was such a hit I am still cooking it for the whole family five years later!
It is freezable but rice is a touch mushier than if you were to eat it straight away.
The recipe turns into about two large cups worth of risotto. Adjust the ingredients as needed to make for the larger family.
5 mins prep
25 mins cooking
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup arborio rice (or long grain)
- 1 1/2 cup diluted chicken stock
- 1 cup grated pumpkin (this can be exchanged for sweet potato, zucchini, mashed peas, finely chopped broccoli or all of the above!)
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan or cheese
- Fry onion in butter lightly.
- Add rice and cook for two minutes stirring continuously.
- Stir through stock and pumpkin
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once all liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender (adding more water if needed) remove from heat and stir through parmesan or cheese before serving.